Whether users realize it or not, 5G will change their lives with its promise of low latency and high bandwidth.
The number of active 5G connections around the world hit 63.6 million as of the first quarter of 2020, a jump of 308% from the last quarter of 2019, according to data from research firm Omdia. Globally, the number of 5G connections are projected to reach 238 million by the end of 2020, with North America accounting for 10 million of them.
According to Gartner, the market for 5G infrastructure is expected to hit $4.2 billion this year.
This free PDF ebook from TechRepublic reports on 5G’s impact with content detailing 5G use cases, rollouts, and what industries will benefit most from the technology.
In the ebook:
- Report: The hype around 5G should be taken seriously
- 5G rollouts grow amid COVID-19 crisis
- 5G projected to surpass 190M subscriptions globally by end of 2020
- How 5G and Wi-Fi 6 will spearhead the future of remote work
- Manufacturing may take the lead with 5G expansion as consumer rollout slows
- Verizon’s 5G build acceleration continues
- Verizon develops 5G-enabled EMS solutions with its fourth First Responder Lab
- Nokia: Top 5G use cases for the enterprise and consumers
- Ericsson launches standalone 5G on existing hardware with a single software update
- The 15 best cities for 5G worldwide
- And more!